Surgery Merger Proposal - we would like your views
Goldington Medical Practice, Pemberley Surgery and De Parys Medical Centre have applied to merge from 1 July 2018.
The merger is entirely led by the three practices concerned, without any private sector or other agency involvement. For avoidance of confusion our proposed alliance with Lakeside Healthcare did not proceed.
At present there is a growing shortage of GPs nationally and locally. Young doctors are not attracted to General Practice, and we hope that by merging we will give a career structure; enable us to train more doctors, and the opportunity to specialise, thus improving our ability to recruit. Doing nothing will leave us vulnerable to losing more doctors which we will be unable to replace.
Also as a larger group we will be able to run some services jointly (eg same day access) which will be more efficient and improve access for patients.
We believe that our patients and staff will benefit from:
- Our continued commitment to high quality patient care within the NHS.
- A larger team working together to maintain and improve our service offer
- Better opportunity for staff development, retention and recruitment
- More choice about where to access care from all our existing sites.
- Development of an improved telephone and appointment system that will, over time, offer many ways to contact and access the services.
Please follow this link to our Frequently Asked Questions FAQ for further information
PLEASE NOTE THE SURGERY WILL BE CLOSED FROM 6.30PM ON THURSDAY 29TH MARCH UNTIL 8AM ON TUESDAY 3RD APRIL 2018.
PLEASE SEE THE LIST OF PHARMACIES WHO ARE OPEN OVER THE EASTER BREAK
(Site updated 21/03/2018)